When dealing with your houses safety do not do anything half way. Knowledge and control about your house will help with the prevention of bad situations. An example of keeping your house safe is using smoke detectors. Not just using them, but taking care of them along with knowing how to use them. Below are ways to care for your detectors and family.
- Test your smoke alarms at least once a month.
- Make sure all of the alarms are interconnected, so if one rings they all do.
- Replace all smoke detectors every 10 years.
- Closed doors may slow down smoke and fire. Install detectors in every room or hall.
- DO NOT HESITATE. If your alarm goes off, get and stay outside.